|26th Sep 2018 to 27th Sep 2018|
|10am - 4pm|
Scottish Event Campus Exhibition Way, Glasgow City Centre G3 8YW
|This is a free event|
|Event organiser/part of Scottish Event Campus|
|Visit the event website here|
|Follow ILScot on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
Paralympian curler and multiple British and World Champion medal winner, Angela Malone MBE, will be an ambassador at Independent Living Scotland (ILS) on 26-27 September to help raise awareness of the latest aids to help people with disabilities or impaired mobility live at home.
The focus over the free two-day event is ‘Innovations in Health and Social Care in Scotland: Across the Generations’. People of all ages can test and compare the latest products on the market from daily living aids, wheelchairs and scooters to home adaptations and telecare, energy and communications aids.
ILS is the must-attend event for all Scottish carers and individuals or families living with, or supporting, those with a disability, as well as healthcare professionals.
New for 2018:
• The Curling Experience within the Sports, Wellness and Leisure area where Angela Malone will give curling demos with Braehead Curling Club members and Scottish Curling, the governing body for curling.
• Alzheimer Scotland exhibiting for the first time
• A range of wheelchair accessible vehicles will be showcased by Vertu Motors, Allied Vehicles, Automotive Group
• OTAC Arena the only free adaptation and equipment-based conference for occupational therapists in the UK
• Free Mobility Loan Point hire of wheelchairs and mobility scooters
• Consultation Corner will feature industry experts offering advice and assistance
• Ability Fest Pavilion to raise awareness about disability issues relating to lifelong learning, education, training and employment
• Free parking
Entry is free and visitors can pre-register in advance at www.independentlivingscotland.org or at the door. Parking, located to the west of the SEC is free of charge for visitors to this event
Exhibitors include Alzheimer Scotland, Mobility Scotland, Guide Dogs Scotland, Scottish War Blinded, I Am Me Scotland. Others include AAT, Allied Mobility, Albion Mobility, Energy in Scotland, Fast Aid Products, Mobility solutions and Vertu Motors.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Independent Living Scotland are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!