We cover all the basics and you will leave with your own handmade tote bag and cushion!
Over the 5 hours you will:
- Learn how to thread a sewing machine (please let us know if you will be bringing your own or require one of ours)
- Learn common problems (and how to fix) and top tips when sewing. Each person receives their own print out of notes to take home - these will definitely come in handy and save you so much time when you take on your first sewing project!
- Examples of different types of fabrics and advice on when to use which. You will leave with your own swatch book for future reference.
- Examples of different types of stitches, seams and finishing techniques.
- Practice using the sewing machine to stitch different lines, shapes and corners until you feel comfortable and in control.
- Learn how to place your pattern on fabric, what tools are needed and how to pin and cut.
- Cut your fabric and make your own tote bag!
- Learn how to insert a zip and make your own cushion!
All materials are included in the cost, however we will email you after your booking to let you know full details and any options for bringing your own.
We're looking forward to meeting you and helping you become a pro at sewing!
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Introduction to Sewing (make a tote bag and cushion!) are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!