|16th April 2020|
|6pm - 9pm|
House for an Art Lover
Bellahouston Park Dumbreck Road, Glasgow South Side G41 5BW
|Event organiser/part of Southside Fringe Festival|
|Visit the event website here|
|Follow studiopavilion on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
TUTOR Rosalind Lawless
DAY Thursday 6 – 9pm
DATES 16 April – 21 May
LOCATION Art Studios
This course will introduce the students to the history of screen-printing through a selection of archival screen-prints. Students will be introduced through talks and demonstrations to the various techniques needed to prepare. The course will allow you to build upon your skills and develop your confidence through a project-based 6 weeks, this will cover advanced techniques including colour blending, working with direct stencil-based imaging, such as manual drawn stencil, hand painted and paper stencils. Learn more in-depth knowledge about how to use specialist screen-printing materials, and master multi-layered printings, editioning and print finishing, screen reclamation, the idea and uses of multiples, and the signing and tearing down of prints.
The course is project led and aims to stretch the students’ abilities and knowledge; this is combined with project work out-with the studio and independent developmental research including sketchbook work.
The course aims to:
1. Introduce students to the terminologies, concepts and principles of screen-printing
2. Students will be encouraged to develop their own artwork ideas in a relaxed and supportive environment
3. Develop skills and ideas to include investigations into materials, drawing techniques, processing and printing
4. Situate their work in an historical, critical and technical understanding of Fine Art printmaking
5. Enable students to begin to develop their creative and visual ideas through the language of screen-printing
6. Develop research skills and sketchbook practice
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Beginners Screen-printing are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!