|17th November 2019|
|11am - 5pm|
The Wee Retreat
2 Myrtle Park, Glasgow South Side G42 8UQ
|Visit the event website here|
|Follow wee_retreat on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
Yoga offers pathways to sleep recovery for all sorts of issues, & can benefit those new to yoga as well as those with more experience (including teachers). This approach to yoga for sleep provides a range of tools, as well as guidelines for using them, that can be adapted by each person to craft their own sleep recovery programme, with as much guidance and support from your Yoga for Sleep educator as you choose.
In this day workshop, we will:
• practice pre bed sleep poses to unwind, release residual tension & reduce wakeful activity in the head;
• do ‘wake up’ practices for morning or other times we want to be more alert;
• learn breathing practices for balancing the nervous system;
• practice simple restorative yoga to put credit your energy bank;
• use some Ayurvedic pressure points to promote relaxation & sleep;
• look at how sleep works to understand better how problems may arise & what to do about them;
• discover ways we may support rather than sabotage our efforts towards better sleep.
This pioneering approach comes from the work of Lisa Sanfilippo, author of Yoga Therapy for Insomnia and Sleep Recovery (Singing Dragon 2019), who has been researching and developing this work for around 20 years.
The workshop will be led by Andrea St.Clair. Andrea came to yoga in the late 1970s to help with anxiety and sleep issues and found yoga so helpful that she has been practising ever since, training as a teacher in the mid 1990s. More recently, Andrea came up against sleep issues she couldn’t resolve, even with decades of experience, until she found the work of Lisa Sanfilippo. Andrea undertook Lisa’s teacher training course in 2015 to bring this integrated method to others as well as herself.
Investment: £64 which includes booking fee, lunch and refreshments.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Yoga for Sleep Retreat are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!