About Move More
At Move More, we know that when you’re living with and beyond cancer even a small amount of gentle exercise can help reduce your fatigue and leave you feeling better. That’s why Macmillan Cancer Support has developed a range of classes in your area.
We understand you may be a little nervous about building up your activity levels, so we have people on hand to show you the ropes and help you relax. Our motivators have all benefited from our programme and know exactly what you are going through. Together, they work alongside our instructors making sure you get the most out of your class.
With Move More walking groups, Gentle Movement, gardening and circuit classes, our Good Move team will help you choose an activity that’s right for you.
Cost: FREE! For more information about Move More, call the Good Move team today on 0141 287 0241.
Move More Circuits
An hour long physical activity session with 10 circuit stations led by qualified instructors. The classes have a half hour workshop at the end to promote services available for those needing extra support.
• A programme designed to help adopt and maintain a healthier more active lifestyle after a cancer diagnosis.
• Delivered in 8 community/leisure venues citywide by highly qualified fitness professionals with a Level 4 Cancer and Exercise Specialist Qualification.
• Each participant is offered 12 free classes, a Macmillan ‘Get Active and Feel Good’ booklet, one free fitness class at 6 weeks, and 4 weeks free unlimited fitness pass at 12 weeks.
• The class consists of a 60 minute physical activity session, including warm up, 10 circuit stations and a cool-down including relaxation period.
Move More Gentle Movement
Gentle movements, relaxation and meditation led by our trained volunteers.
• Gentle movements, relaxation and meditation that is suitable for all and led by trained volunteers.
• The programme operates in two Glasgow libraries and in the Calman Cancer Support Centre.
Gentle Movement has been found to:
• Increase focus and more peaceful mind.
• Improve breathing.
• Improve muscular tone.
• Improve balance and coordination.
Move More Walking
Short, friendly walks led by our trained volunteers. Walking groups meet in the local library at the Macmillan @ Glasgow Libraries Information & Support Service.
• Local, short walks led by trained volunteers.
• The walks leave from 4 libraries city wide.
• Suitable for those of any walking ability.
• Welcome to anyone affected by cancer (including friends and family).
• A great way to get active, feel good and meet new people.
Move More Gardening
One and half hour long sessions at our community garden projects led by trained volunteers.
• A community garden project open to anyone living with and beyond cancer (including friends and family).
• Designed to help people remain active during and after treatment.
• Suitable for all fitness levels.
• No specialist experience or equipment required only comfortable clothing and shoes.
If you would like to attend any of the above activities please let the Move More team know before you go along by calling 0141 287 0241 or emailing email@example.com
Upcoming Events at Move More
Sorry, but we have no upcoming events for Move More. If you know of an event taking place at Move More or anywhere else in Glasgow tell us about it
and we'll list it on the website, for free!
More Health and Fitness in Glasgow