Starting off on Monday, the adventure begins where Neil Laughton and David Fox-Pitt MBE are set to cycle from Lands End to John O Groats – all 841 miles - on their 54-inch diameter wheeled Penny Farthing bicycles. The eccentric fundraising efforts are to raise money for Mary’s Meals, a global charity which sets up school feeding projects in some of the world’s poorest communities, feeding 1.4million children annually.
Text Penny15 to 70085 and donate £15 – enough to feed a child for one year!
Neil and David will be visiting 6 Scottish towns during their journey, and they will be handing out free Hendrick’s & Tonic vouchers to public in Edinburgh and Glasgow, thanks to their sponsor Hendrick’s Gin. Public will be able to claim their free Hendrick’s & Tonic’s at the following bars:
• Hendrick’s Bar - George Square Gardens, Edinburgh, EH8 9JZ
• Black Ivy - 4 Alvanley Terrace, Edinburgh EH9 1DU
• Gin 71 (inside House of Fraser) - 45 Buchanan St, Glasgow G1 3HL
A little more info about Neil & David:
• David Fox-Pitt was awarded an MBE for his contribution to the adventure challenge industry and charity, having raised over £30 million for charities since 1996
• Neil Laughton has led numerous expeditions on seven continents, and has summited Mount Everest with Bear Grylls, circumnavigated the UK on a jet ski and piloted a flying car across the Sahara Desert
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!